- Incorporate hashtags into every post and in every media channel. use it to promote product or service, events, jobs, contests or personal stories.
- Keep it simple! One word or two in each hashtag is enough.
- Add hashtags at the end of the post or in a comment. Not in the middle of a sentence.
- Add 1-2 hashtags on Facebook and Twitter. Instagram works a bit differently.
- No Spaces or Punctuation. No underline. special characters, such as &or $, won’t work.
- Use relevant keywords to your business and the audience you are trying to target.
Instagram hashtags can help you promote visual content. It can be anything you want as long as it is supported with visual, and it’s a great way to grow your Instagram account. On Instagram you can post up to 30 hashtags. You can add them in your post or in a comment.
Facebook hashtags are not that common as Instagram or twitter. As Facebook has its on kind of way to show relevant posts. It is good to use it to check the current conversation about a specific hashtag., so make sure the hashtags you’ve added make sense.
Important note: If your account is private on Instagram or Facebook, even if you add hashtags, they won’t appear publicly on hashtag pages.
Hashtags started on Twitter, So you know this is the perfect space to use hashtags for discovery, conversations and hopping on major trends. As a business, it’s smart to use hashtags on Twitter for live events. If you’re using a popular keyword in your hashtag, you have the chance to get more eyes on your Tweet. The fact is that tweets with hashtags get twice as much engagement as those that don’t.
Using Hashtags on social media is a great way to monitor your brand or event, you can quickly check what others are saying when they use the hashtag.
Remember Using hashtags is a great tool but only if you use it properly!